Visiting a new city is always an interesting experience so information on the city before you go. Are you planning on travelling to Wroclaw in Poland? Before you go you should make plans to do a city tour and see some of the wonders that makes Wroclaw of one of the most beautiful cities in Poland.
So, some interesting facts about Wroclaw…
1. Where is Wroclaw? Wroclaw is the largest city in western Poland and has a population of around 630,000.
2. Wroclaw has had a long a varied history stretching back over a thousand years. For many years Wroclaw was a German city (Breslau – German name) and this influence can be seen in the architecture throughout the city. For course Wroclaw is now part of Poland, but it has also been part of the Czech Republic and Austria.
3. There are over 100 bars and clubs in Wroclaw, and many of the islands have restaurants with the most amazing riverside views.
4. Because of the many rivers, islands, some 200 or so bridges and the sheer beauty of the city, Wroclaw has a growing reputation as the Venice of the North.
5. In Wroclaw, unlike in the Britain, the bar and pubs don’t prepare for kick out at 11pm; they are just getting going around this time. As a general rule, some places will stay open until the last person leaves.
6. Wroclaw is a lively vibrant student city, and many Poles complement the city with a name play, calling it “WrocLOVE”.
7. You’ll see garden Gnome statues scattered all around the city, each little guy has his own name and they are referenced in their own website.
8. Some could argue, but Wroclaw is allegedly or for a better word, probably the most beautiful city in Poland.
9. Wroclaw fountain (wroclawska fontanna) is a must see attraction. There are hourly shows, with water projecting as high as 40 metres, coupled with music and laser lights for a truly wonder visual experience.
10. Residence of Wroclaw can be proud as Wroclaw was named “European Capital of Culture in 2016”
For more information about traveling to Wroclaw in Poland or any of our other destinations, please feel free to contact our main office.