Venturing to a new country or city is always interesting and one should take a little time out to find out about the place before hand. Are you planning on travelling to Poznan? Well before you go you should make plans to take in a city tour and see as much as possible of one of Poznan’s most vibrant cities.
So, some interesting facts about Poznan…
1. Poznan is in the Eastern Region of Poland, it is the fifth largest city in the country. There is a population of around 560,000 people.
2. Poznan has a history that dates back to the 9th century.
3. Poznan is on one of Europe’s main east-west train lines, which stretches from Paris, through Berlin and Warsaw on to Moscow.
4. Poznan is second to Warsaw as the main city of commerce in Poland and has its own world trade centre.
5. Football fans across the world have been “Do the Poznan”… and it was here in Poznan that it all started.
6. Our Director, Andrew Campbell, who has travelled extensive, says that Poznan is his favourite city in Poland.
7. In Poznan, unlike in the Britain, bars and pubs don’t call last orders at 11pm. Here they are just getting started. The general rule is that places will stay open until the last person leaves.
8. Are you a beer fan? The Lech brewery is located in Poznan and runs tours each day for beer fans.
9. It is almost impossible to find coin operated Phone boxes. To make a call from a pay phone you’ll have to visit a kiosk and buy a phone card (karta telefoniczna)
10. One of the biggest events in Poznan is the celebration of St. Martin’s day on the 11th November. It is parade that starts after morning mass in St. Martin’s church. Lots of Kifli pastry, bread, cakes and drinks are consumed.